- November 5, 2013- Local nonprofit hosts free public forum on healthcare
- November 5, 2013- Financial Beginnings welcomes two new board members
- July 2, 2013- Several organizations contribute to financial literacy during the 2nd quarter
- May 31, 2013- Financial Beginnings announces upcoming financial forums
- April 19,2013- Financial Beginnings hosts events during Financial Literacy Month and Money Smart Week
- March 16, 2013 - Financial Beginnings receives $12,000 grant from Bank of America to fund Financial Education
- February 27, 2013 - Financial Beginnings and Umpqua Bank Launch Elementary Curriculum
- February 22, 2013 - Over 500 high school students and young adults were introduced to the basics of personal finances yesterday.
Links to Press Releases 2012
- November 14, 2012 - Parents and Students Get Their Questions About Financing College Answered
- September 1, 2012 - Oregon's stronger K-12 financial literacy standards still aren't ideal
- August 14, 2012 - Financial Beginnings Wraps Up Another Huge Year and Braces for an Even Bigger Year Ahead due to Changing Education Standards
- July 31, 2012 - Financial Beginnings Welcomes Robert Cook to its Board of Directors
Links to Press Releases 2011
- September 13, 2011 - Financial Beginnings and Operation HOPE seek inspirational business people to speak to Oregon youth
- June 23, 2011 - Financial Beginnings Receives $15,500 Grant from the Credit Association of the Pacific Northwest
- May 12, 2011 - Annual Fundraising Campaign Raises $30,000 for Financial Beginnings
- April 8, 2011 - Financial Beginnings Celebrates Money Smart Week with Free Financial Workshop for Low-Income Families
- March 30, 2011 - Financial Beginnings Celebrates Money Smart Week with Panel Discussion Featuring Oregon's Top Financial Experts
- February 28, 2011 - Financial Beginnings Continues Strong Growth; Plans to Introduce Educator Training Curriculum in 2011
Links to Press Releases 2010
- November 29, 2010 - Financial Beginnings Partners with the Office of the Treasurer to Provide Free Reading Program to Oregon K-5 Students
- October 27, 2010 - Financial Beginnings' Annual Tribute Event Honors Local Advocates and Supports Financial Literacy Programs
- September 23, 2010 - Financial Beginnings Welcomes Senator Rick Metsger and Michael Parker to its Board of Directors
- July 20, 2010 - LT Public Relations Selects Financial Beginnings as Recipient of the 2010 Nonprofit Challenge
Links to Related Articles
- Americans are 'financially illiterate' and caught up in a web of debt. Poor savings don't help, according to two new studies.
- Young people's financial knowledge falls short
- President Bush Announces President's Advisory Council on Financial Literacy
- www.ftc.gov - News and alerts, consumer protection and anti-trust information.
- www.fdic.gov - Discover how the FDIC carries out its mission to maintain the stability of the nation's banking system.
- www.ncua.gov - National Credit Union Administration.
- www.bankrate.com - Compare mortgage, refinance, insurance and CD rates.
- www.mappingyourfuture.org - Explore careers, prepare for college, pay for college, and manage your money..
- www.budgetworksheets.org - Online tools to help you make the most of your hard earned cash.
- www.annualcreditreport.com - Request your free annual credit report.
- www.myfico.com - Free, immediate access to your FICO credit score.
- www.creditcards.org - News, tools, advice and credit card comparisons for online users.
- www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/credit.shtm - FTC information and consumer publications on credit and loan topics.
- www.federalreserve.gov/consumerinfo/ - Helpful links for credit and investment questions.
- www.Money-Zine.com - Financial planning, career development and investing information.
- www.Investopedia.com - Resource for investing education, personal finance, market analysis and free trading simulators.
- www.insuranceguide101.com - Learn about types of insurance.
- www.rentersinsurance.net - Compare renters insurance quotes from multiple companies.
- www.healthcare.gov - Take health care into your own hands; find out how the Affordable Care Act affects you.
- www.usa.gov - Government made easy.