2015 Press Releases
- August 26, 2015 | Financial Beginnings welcomes new expertise to its Board of Directors
- August 19, 2015 | 2015 Financial Literacy Conference, success stories from year two
- July 27, 2015 | 2015 Financial Literacy Conference, putting the community on a pathway towards financial success
- March 27, 2015 | Financial Beginnings hires Program Manager in Seattle
- February 23, 2015 | Financial education program expands to Seattle
2014 Press Releases
- December 15, 2014 | Financial Beginnings welcomes two new board members
- October 1, 2014 | Financial Beginnings partners with nonprofit Inceptia
- September 3, 2014 | Local nonprofit's financial education programs delivered nationally
- August 27, 2014 | Local nonprofit launches program to help students mitigate debt during college
- August 21, 2014 | Conference teaches over 60 educators about personal finance, brings national speakers and resources to Oregon
- August 13, 2014 | Conference teaches educators about personal finance, first of its kind in Oregon
- April 25, 2014 | Public learns how to safeguard finances and identity when mitigating financial troubles
- February 20, 2014 | COUNTRY Financial® has awarded nearly $300,000 in grants through its Count on COUNTRY Financial community grant program.
- January 30, 2014 | Elementary financial education program translated into Spanish
2013 Press Releases
- December 18, 2013 | Financial Beginnings launches mobile application
- November 5, 2013 | Local nonprofit hosts free public forum on healthcare
- November 5, 2013 | Financial Beginnings welcomes two new board members
- July 2, 2013 | Several organizations contribute to financial literacy during the 2nd quarter
- May 31, 2013 | Financial Beginnings announces upcoming financial forums
- April 19,2013 | Financial Beginnings hosts events during Financial Literacy Month and Money Smart Week
- March 16, 2013 | Financial Beginnings receives $12,000 grant from Bank of America to fund Financial Education
- February 27, 2013 | Financial Beginnings and Umpqua Bank Launch Elementary Curriculum
- February 22, 2013 | Over 500 high school students and young adults were introduced to the basics of personal finances yesterday.
2012 Press Releases
- November 14, 2012 | Parents and Students Get Their Questions About Financing College Answered
- September 1, 2012 | Oregon's stronger K-12 financial literacy standards still aren't ideal
- August 14, 2012 | Financial Beginnings Wraps Up Another Huge Year and Braces for an Even Bigger Year Ahead due to Changing Education Standards
- July 31, 2012 | Financial Beginnings Welcomes Robert Cook to its Board of Directors
2011 Press Releases
- September 13, 2011 | Financial Beginnings and Operation HOPE seek inspirational business people to speak to Oregon youth
- June 23, 2011 | Financial Beginnings Receives $15,500 Grant from the Credit Association of the Pacific Northwest
- May 12, 2011 | Annual Fundraising Campaign Raises $30,000 for Financial Beginnings
- April 8, 2011 | Financial Beginnings Celebrates Money Smart Week with Free Financial Workshop for Low-Income Families
- March 30, 2011 | Financial Beginnings Celebrates Money Smart Week with Panel Discussion Featuring Oregon's Top Financial Experts
- February 28, 2011 | Financial Beginnings Continues Strong Growth; Plans to Introduce Educator Training Curriculum in 2011
2010 Press Releases
- November 29, 2010 | Financial Beginnings Partners with the Office of the Treasurer to Provide Free Reading Program to Oregon K-5 Students
- October 27, 2010 | Financial Beginnings' Annual Tribute Event Honors Local Advocates and Supports Financial Literacy Programs
- September 23, 2010 | Financial Beginnings Welcomes Senator Rick Metsger and Michael Parker to its Board of Directors
- July 20, 2010 | LT Public Relations Selects Financial Beginnings as Recipient of the 2010 Nonprofit Challenge
- www.ftc.gov | News and alerts, consumer protection and anti-trust information.
- www.fdic.gov | Discover how the FDIC carries out its mission to maintain the stability of the nation's banking system.
- www.ncua.gov | National Credit Union Administration.
- www.bankrate.com | Compare mortgage, refinance, insurance and CD rates.
- www.mappingyourfuture.org | Explore careers, prepare for college, pay for college, and manage your money..
- www.budgetworksheets.org | Online tools to help you make the most of your hard earned cash.
- www.annualcreditreport.com | Request your free annual credit report.
- www.myfico.com | Free, immediate access to your FICO credit score.
- www.creditcards.org | News, tools, advice and credit card comparisons for online users.
- www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/credit.shtm | FTC information and consumer publications on credit and loan topics.
- www.federalreserve.gov/consumerinfo/ | Helpful links for credit and investment questions.
- www.Money-Zine.com | Financial planning, career development and investing information.
- www.Investopedia.com | Resource for investing education, personal finance, market analysis and free trading simulators.
- www.insuranceguide101.com | Learn about types of insurance.
- www.rentersinsurance.net | Compare renters insurance quotes from multiple companies.
- www.healthcare.gov | Take health care into your own hands; find out how the Affordable Care Act affects you.
- www.usa.gov | Government made easy.