The Pathways program helps students successfully transition from high school to post-secondary education (and beyond) through informed and proactive financial decisions. Pathways helps students navigate the complex maze of financial decisions – from loan agreements to household budgeting to choosing a career – that accompanies adulthood.
Pathways Session Topics
Pathways includes five modules, each 60-90 minutes, for high school and college students. Modules are taught by Financial Beginnings’ trained volunteers and include:
· Career & Education Path - Students will: identify skills sets and interests for a variety of careers; explore the positions and salary ranges available within their desired careers; determine the educational requirements necessary to pursue their desired career; and, research schools that offer programs that further career objectives.
· Comparing Schools & Costs– Students will:research salary averages based on specific education and career aspirations; learn the total cost of their desired schools(s); compare total post-secondary expenses versus out of school annual salary and determine return on investment.
· Financing College – Students will: explore the different options available to pay for college; review available college loans and how interest accumulation and payback options vary; and, learn the basics of a FAFSA and where to access additional support in completing an application.
· Managing Debt Accumulation – Students will:learn how student debt accumulation affects one’s financial future and other life goals; learn how to budget to help limit student debt accumulation and spend and save money wisely; and, explore options for paying a greater amount of education expenses while in school.
· Managing Debt After College – Students will: take a realistic look at post-college living expenses; understand loan restructuring and consolidation options; create a budget for post-college life that includes student loan payments; and set long-term financial goals that incorporate savings and debt management.
Use our friendly PDF form Here to sign up!
For more information, Contact Us!